Tools
Up
Compartir esta página
Compartir por email Compartir en facebook Compartir en twitter Compartir en pinterest
SHARE
Reportar errores
Print
Destino Región de Murcia - Web Oficial

#intheregionofmurcia

you'll be able to see the sunrise as well as the sunset on the sea

Cargando página

Close

Close

Close

Cerrar foto
  • ACCOMMODATION
  • Accommodation search
  • Buscador de actividades
  • Buscador de paquetes
  • Flights Search Engine
  • Buscador de autobuses

SEARCH

For Free

MONUMENTS

Why don't you worship a few monuments? In order to enjoy one of these wonders to the full, just stand in front of it and confirm its excellent state of preservation.
HOME > WHAT TO DO > ART AND CULTURE > MONUMENTS

YOUR SEARCH

SEARCH

SEARCH

  • TYPES
  • PLACES
339 results
ABANILLA
AYUNTAMIENTO DE ABANILLA

AYUNTAMIENTO DE ABANILLA

ABANILLA

Pza. de la Constitución, 1

30640 ABANILLA

Telephone: +34 968 680 001 / Fax: +34 968 680 635

The Town Hall is a civil building of the 18th century, which was built between 1751 and 1762 during the reign of Ferdinand VI of Spain. This building preserves the windows, iron fittings and mouldings from that period.
It worked as a royal prison and granary, whose access door has been recently discovered in the south after a renovation of the facade.
Its interior is functional and mainly for administrative use. Its facade and surroundings are also relevant.

Ayuntamiento de Abanilla
CASA CABRERA

CASA CABRERA

ABANILLA

Pza. Corazón de Jesús

30640 ABANILLA

A Manorial house from the 17th century where the Commander of the Calatrava Order resided and administered the taxes which were paid to the Casa de la Encomienda. Later on, with the confiscations that occurred during the time, the Casa Cabrera changed to private hands until the present day.

On its splendid facade, in a very rich Baroque style, lies the Cabreras coat of arms (hence the name) and a small image of the Virgen de las Angustias.

Originally it occupied the entire block, which was about 1800 m from the current 600 m. Behind its walls there were gardens, chapels, burials and even well concealed hideouts, as well as a passageway which led to the church.

Casa Cabrera
CASA DE LA ENCOMIENDA

CASA DE LA ENCOMIENDA

ABANILLA

C/ Encomienda, s/n

30640 ABANILLA

Telephone: +34 968 681 125

The Casa de la Encomienda was the place where the Commander of the Order of Calatrava collected taxes and the tithe from the locals. It also went by the name “Casa del Infante”, the probable reason being was because of the infante John of Austria the Younger (the illegitimate son of Philip IV of Spain) and step-brother to Charles II of Spain. Charles II was prime-minister, commander in chief and also the commander of the Brothers Hospitallers of Saint John of God. Since the building’s construction ought to have been completed during his tenure, it obtained the name of Casa del Infante. 

The two-floor building can be seen from two different areas: the northern side is vaulted and the other flat. In the basement of the vaulted ground floor there were some earthen jars measuring a meter and a half high, in where cereals, wine and oil from the tithes that La Encomienda received were kept.

Casa de la Encomienda
CASA PINTADA

CASA PINTADA

ABANILLA

C/ Santa Eulalia

30640 ABANILLA

A Manorial house dating back to the 16th century called Pintada (‘Painted’) due to the intense color of its facade. It stands out with its rectangular frieze cover, pinnacles and the blazon of the family. The columns of the windows are subsequent to the rest of the facade, dating from the early 20th century.

Casa Pintada
ERMITA DE LA SANTA CRUZ

ERMITA DE LA SANTA CRUZ

ABANILLA

Llano de Mahoya

30649 ABANILLA

Telephone: +34 968 680 045

La Ermita de La Santa Cruz está situada en el conocido Llano de Mahoya y a pie de la carretera de Pinoso, dista a unos 2km del centro urbano de Abanilla.

Se trata de una construcción de no muy grandes dimensiones, con un exterior de sencillo aspecto, realizada en mampostería con basamiento de sillería.

De planta rectangular y de nave única, en su interior el visitante puede encontrar un bonito retablo tallado en madera procedente del Seminario Mayor de San Fulgencio de Murcia, esculturas del Cristo Crucificado, de la Virgen de Los Dolores, San Juan, La Virgen de Lourdes, San José y una reproducción del antiguo relicario de la Santa Cruz (desaparecido en 1936) una escultura de la Santa Cruz entre angeles y querubines y nubes(réplica realizada en 1996).
Los cuadros se han colocado recientemente y representan la tradicional leyenda del encuentro de la Santa Cruz junto a la acequia.

Su ubicación obedece a que, por tradición, se considera el lugar donde se encontró o apareció la Santa Cruz, a finales de la Edad Media o a principios de la Edad Moderna y que es motivo de peregrinación en romería dos veces al año: el 3 de mayo y el 14 de septiembre.
En el balcón de su fachada se situa la pila dónde cada 3 de mayo la gente espera fervientemente que les caiga el agua bendita que a su patrona baña.

Ermita de la Santa Cruz
ERMITA DE SANTA ANA

ERMITA DE SANTA ANA

ABANILLA

Paraje de Santa Ana, Ctra. Abanilla - Pinoso

30640 ABANILLA

A finales del S. XVI se acondicionó como Ermita la edificación principal del albergue

FUENTE DE LA CALLE MAYOR

FUENTE DE LA CALLE MAYOR

ABANILLA

Pza. de las Cortes (junto al Ayuntamiento)

30640 ABANILLA

This fountain was placed at the current location after the ancient fountain in the Cañada village (behind the Moorish castle) dried up in 1792.

In 1880 a new mine was excavated from the Calle Mayor to the garden of La Lonja and a new flow was discovered, which served to supply the new fountain and its site.

The waters are of thermal origin, they flow at a temperature of 20°C and have a composition rich in sulphurous salts, which gives a characteristic flavour and smell.

It is decorated with flashy painted tiles which represent iconic moments of people in procession accompanying the Patroness, they also depict the old esparto work which was the main economic motor of the population, the activity became extinct in the 60’s.

Fuente de la calle Mayor
IGLESIA PARROQUIAL DE SAN JOSÉ

IGLESIA PARROQUIAL DE SAN JOSÉ

ABANILLA

Pza. de la Purísima

30640 ABANILLA

Telephone: +34 968 680 045

This church was ordered to be built in the late 17th century by the militaristic and religious Calatrava Order. It was consecrated by the church and given to the cult in 1712 by the then Bishop Belluga, subsequently the building itself became dependent on the Diocese of Cartagena.

Its plant is a rectangular single nave and in the transept there is a hemispherical dome decorated with crosses of Calatrava.

The main entrance houses a niche inside with the image of St. Joseph and the Child, on its side cover there is an image of the Immaculate Conception and on each of its doors there is a carving of the Military Order cross.

It contrasts the sobriety of its facade with its rich main altar which is composed of twisted columns, cherubs, metallic ornaments, embroidered imagery and blue and brown motifs imitating tiled marbles. All of this gives this altarpiece a unique beauty, similar to the altarpiece of the San Miguel church (Murcia) which was assembled by the same sculptor, Jacinto Perales.

An image of St. Joseph presides over the altar and on its sides are St. Benedict (patron of the Calatrava Order) and St. Fulgentius of Cartagena (patron saint of the Diocese of Cartagena).

The side walls and the chancel’s vault contain religious scenes related to the patriarch’s life: Los Desposorios de San José y la Virgen, el Nacimiento, el Sueño de San José and la Huída a Egipto (painted by Antonio Llopis, 1757).

The capilla de la Santísima y Vera Cruz is next to the Altar Mayor; it bears the Patroness of the town and protagonist of the local fair, it is declared as a Regional Touristic Interest event.

Iglesia Parroquial de San José
LAVADERO MUNICIPAL

LAVADERO MUNICIPAL

ABANILLA

Pza. de la Purísima

30640 ABANILLA

The washing place of Abanilla is one of the few operating in the region. It was made while the fountain in Calle Mayor was moved in 1880. It has undergone several transformations throughout its history. The most important one was made in 1929.

 

Its waters have a subterranean origin and they are the same as those emerging from the fountain of Calle Mayor. It is decorated with traditional tiling in which the ochres and blues stand out, representing the scenes of everyday life of the women who used it.

The waters flow into a pond in the basement of the municipal auditorium (behind the washing place) and with the water, the suburbs of the town are irrigated.

MONUMENTO A LA SANTÍSIMA Y VERA CRUZ DE ABANILLA

MONUMENTO A LA SANTÍSIMA Y VERA CRUZ DE ABANILLA

ABANILLA

Rotonda MU-414 de entrada a Abanilla

30640 ABANILLA

An enormous scene of the Patroness of Abanilla welcomes locals and visitors. It recalls the Passion of Christ and the local religious sentiments for the Santísima y Vera Cruz.

It is located on the MU-414 roundabout at the entrance of Abanilla. It was sculpted by the local artist Juan Francisco Cómez de Albacete. It is 11m high and 6m wide.

Monumento a la Santísima y Vera Cruz de Abanilla
MONUMENTO AL MORO Y AL CRISTIANO

MONUMENTO AL MORO Y AL CRISTIANO

ABANILLA

Pza. de la Purísima (frente a la Iglesia de San José)

30640 ABANILLA

The stone carving is made by the local artist Cayetano Ramirez Lopez. This monument commemorates the Festival of Moors and Christians, declared as a Regional Touristic Interest event. Every 1st of May, the parade “Parada de Kábilas y Mesnadas” takes place, which is the biggest celebration.

SANTA CRUZ DE ABANILLA

SANTA CRUZ DE ABANILLA

ABANILLA

Parroquia de San José

30640 ABANILLA

Telephone: +34 968 680 045

La villa de Abanilla fue fundada por los árabes con el nombre de Al-banyala. Desde siglos se sitúan las fiestas en honor de la Santa Cruz y cuyo origen se encuentra en dos relatos bien diferenciados.

Uno de ellos de fines del s. XIV, habla de unos soldados que regresaban de una campaña guerrera, después de descansar dejaron olvidadas una caja de cuero con una cruz.

La segunda versión nos lleva a épocas posteriores siendo alcalde D. Pedro Lozano. Venía éste con su hijo una noche de mayo de 1631, cuando una cruz de grandes proporciones con destellos luminosos se les apareció en pocos segundos. Ante tal acontecimiento el Concejo acordó en acta establecer dos días de fiesta en honor de la Santa Cruz el 3 de mayo y el 14 de septiembre el día de la Exaltación.

Estas zonas donde el agua de los cielos es un bien escaso, hay bendición de las aguas por inmersión de la reliquia de la Santa Cruz. Esta es una rogativa que se eleva a Dios en petición de este bien.

ABARÁN
TEATRO CERVANTES

TEATRO CERVANTES

ABARÁN

C/ Doctor Molina, 79

30550 ABARÁN

Telephone: +34 968 770 040 / 968 770 171 / Fax: +34 968 770 555

The Teatro Cervantes was inaugurated on September 26, 1926 and was built over the Cinema Cervantes building. Its architect was José Antonio Rodríguez and it was one of the first buildings in the region built with an iron frame which made it earthquake-proof. Its boxes’ rails were identical to the ones in Teatro Romea; the most significant theatre in Murcia City Centre. From the ceiling a gigantic lamp hung, which was painted by Vicente Pastor. In the curtain lies an allegory of nymphs and women dressed in light tunics amongst the shadows of leafy trees. At the top there is a portrait of Miguel de Cervantes and a canvas with scenes from Don Quixote.

After almost sixty years, on June 4, 1984, Teatro Cervantes closed down. Its reinauguration took place on September 26, 2000. By then, the building was totally restored and it resumed its cultural activity.

Teatro Cervantes
ÁGUILAS
CASINO DE ÁGUILAS

CASINO DE ÁGUILAS

ÁGUILAS

Plaza de Robles Vives

30880 ÁGUILAS

Telephone: +34 968447431

Edificio construido entre 1894 y 1895.Tiene tres plantas, fachada noble, amplio vestíbulo de distribución y habitaciones en torno, que se alza bastante cerca del mar.Destacan en su interior diez pinturas alegóricas realizadas en 1905 por el murciano José Sánchez, discípulo del pintor cartagenero Wssel de Guimbarda.

Casino de Águilas
CASTILLO DE SAN JUAN DE LAS ÁGUILAS

CASTILLO DE SAN JUAN DE LAS ÁGUILAS

ÁGUILAS

Peña Tejada-Cerro de las Águilas

30880 ÁGUILAS

Telephone: +34 968 493 285 / Fax: +34 968 418 845

It dates from the 18th century, although its origins go back to the Carthaginian period. After the expulsion of the Arabs, the castle was abandoned.

Its reconstruction was tackled at a later date but not quite successfully until King Charles I of Spain (1530) ordered, by Royas Decree, ist rebuilding with the aim of guarding the coastal strip between Vera and Mazarrón, which was threatened by Turkish and Algerian raids.

The building work on this castle was tackled again in 1579, under the reing of Philip II. The Torre de las Aguilas (The Eagles Tower) was built in this period, in Saint John the Baptist¿s honour, the fortress becoming highly prestigious for the security it offered.

Its last remodelling would be undertaken under Charles III (in the 18th century), who decided to extend the fortress due to the town¿s incresing population and the constant Berber attacks to which the port and its population were subjected. This new remodelling turned it into one of the best fortified castles of this period.

Currently, there are very few remains of the splendour of this fortress. A coat of arms, where Castile¿s lions might be represented, can still be observed in one of the preserved façades. Recent excavations have revealed underground passages in the surrounding area, which, according to popular beliefs, used to connect this castle with another fortress of the municipality, the Castle of Tébar.

In addition to the fortress, also of tourist interest is the panoramic sight of the city of Aguilas that can be admired from its location.

It was restored in 2007 and opened as a museum in 2009

Castillo de San Juan de las Águilas
CHIMENEA DE LA LOMA

CHIMENEA DE LA LOMA

ÁGUILAS

Barrio de Las Lomas

30880 ÁGUILAS

Telephone: +34 968 418 838 / Fax: +34 968418845

Situada en la zona sur de la ciudad de Águilas, a 2 kms del centro y sobre una loma. Con una altura de sesenta metros, su esbelta figura sobresale en el paisaje aguileño.

Fiel testigo del pasado minero de Águilas es el único resto que queda de una de las primeras fundiciones de plata y plomo que existieron en la localidad.

Su construcción data de 1843 y su silueta es emblemática para todos los aguileños.

EMBARCADERO DEL HORNILLO Y SU ENTORNO

EMBARCADERO DEL HORNILLO Y SU ENTORNO

ÁGUILAS

Bahía del Hornillo

30880 ÁGUILAS

Telephone: +34 968 493 285

The Embarcadero de Mineral el Hornillo (a wharf for ore shipmente in the city of Aguilas) was founded as a result of Gustavo Gillman's entrepreneurship. This English engineer aimed at boosting the railway which connected the towns of Aguilas, Lorca and Baza by building this wharf and by operating mines existing in the Bacares Mountains.

The structure was inaugurated on 18th August, 1903, albeit it only became fully operative in 1904, as some improvements on its initial design had to be accomplished. Since its foundation until its closure, which recently occurred, it has been set aside for iron ore shipment.

The warf takes over the name of the bay where it is located, El Hornillo, and it is considered the second most important in Spain. Fully made of steel and concrete, the construction shows a capacity to handle and supply two ships simultaneously. It is connected to the Aguilas Station through a metallic bridge, which is 1.177 meters long, as well as to a sewer directly heanding to the seaside.

Visitors can get to it though Delicias beach, alongside Fransena Road.

Embarcadero del Hornillo y su entorno
FACHADA CASA CONSISTORIAL

FACHADA CASA CONSISTORIAL

ÁGUILAS

Plaza de España

30880 ÁGUILAS

Telephone: +34 968 418 800 / Fax: +34 968 446 082

Fachada de estilo Neomudéjar. Se utiliza fábrica de ladrilloa de tipo castellano o toledano, formando, en algunas zonas, como bajo la cornisa, formas abstractas en relieve. Las ventanas se coronan con arcos de herradura y polilobulados. Se utilizan otros elementos de inspiración mudéjar. En los balcones observamos defensas que reproducen formas geométricas de carárcter islámico.
Fachada Casa Consistorial
FARO DE PUNTA NEGRA

FARO DE PUNTA NEGRA

ÁGUILAS

Puerto Pesquero

30880 ÁGUILAS

Telephone: +34 968 493 285 / Fax: +34 968 446 082

Situado en la falda del castillo, junto al puerto pesquero. Tiene una altura de 30.9 metros sobre el nivel del mar, un alcance de 15 millas y sistema de alumbrado eléctrico. Sustituyó al antiguo, conocido por "Faro Blanco" , construido en 1859 y que se encendión por primera vez el día 30 de agosto de 1860.

Faro de Punta Negra
FORTALEZA DE CHUECOS

FORTALEZA DE CHUECOS

BARRANCO DE LOS ASENSIOS (ÁGUILAS)

Barranco de los Asensios

30880 BARRANCO DE LOS ASENSIOS (ÁGUILAS)

Telephone: +34 968 418 838 / Fax: +34 968418845

Situado en la sierra de Almenara a 15 kms de Águilas. Situado en una fecha indeterminada entre los siglos XI y XII.

De origen islámico, daba protección y cobertura administrativa a la población, la cual dedicada a labores agroropecuarias gracias a los recursos hídricos de la zona.

El Castillo consta de de un gran torreón de planta cuadrada y al oeste un aljibe de grandes dimensiones, de planta rectangular y bóveda de cañón. El lienzo nororiental está jalonado por dos torres.

Toda la construcción fue levantada mediante la técnica del tapial.

Fortaleza de Chuecos
339 results
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Minube Tripadvisor Youtube
Region of Murcia
Tourist Information (+34) 968 277 702
Costa Cálida
© Instituto de Turismo de la Región de Murcia
Facebook
Tripadvisor
Twitter
Youtube
Minube
Instagram
Pinterest
Tourist Information   (+34) 968 277 702
Region of Murcia Costa Cálida