Iglesia de la Concepción

Pza. de la Concepción, s/n
30430 CEHEGÍN
Telephone: +34 968 72 35 50
e-mail: oficinaturismo@cehegin.es
www.turismocehegin.es

See map

Information

The exact date of construction of this church is unknown, although it is thought to have been built between the end of the 15th century and the beginning of the 16th century. The people of Cehegín are very fond of it, as it is the only one that stands on the highest hill in the historic centre of the municipality and is recognised as a National Monument.
It is a Renaissance chapel. Its tower has an interesting clock. The interior naves are supported by Tuscan pillars and Ionic pillars in the presbytery. It has a rich Mudejar coffered ceiling, polychrome and with a large pineapple of muqarnas and stars in the ochava above the presbytery.

REMARKS

Situated on the highest hill in the historic area of Cehegín, it was declared a National Monument in 1980. The exact date of its construction is unknown, but it is believed to be around the end of the 15th or beginning of the 16th century. It was consecrated and blessed by the Bishop of Modrusia on 9th January 1556.

ACCESS: The church can be reached by driving up a steep street. To access the interior there is a ramp with 7 steps of irregular paving of 0.52 cm. Of riser and 0.15 cm. of tread. The main door, which is completely open, is 2.20 m wide.
There is a second access door with the same width as the first one. The central aisle of the church is 1 m. wide and the two side aisles are 1.25 m. wide.

Timetable

Mass every Saturday at 8:00 pm

Tourist guides open the church Saturdays from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm and from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Sundays from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm

¿Cómo llegar?

En Cehegín

Subscribe to our newsletter