It was opened in 1960 and deeply remodelled in 2002 by the architect Yago Bonet Correa. It is a mixture of typologies: we have the Baroque Art which is still alive under the watchful eye of the Church of Jesus, see of the Brotherhood of the same name and which was declared artistic historical monument from 1935; and also the Contemporary Art, created in 2002 by this architect. A mixture of styles which coexist in perfect harmony.
In the outside, in the lateral façade we find a magnificent portal which belongs to the ancient Renaissance Palace of Riquelme (previously located next to the Plaza de San Bartolomé and currently disappeared). It is meaningful that this family also ordered Salzillo the sculpture set of the nativity scene in 1776. This project kept him busy until his death in 1783.
In the church of Jesus the Nazarene, famous thrones of Francisco Salzillo are exposed and walk in file on Good Friday morning: "La Caída" (1752), "la Verónica" (1754), "San Juan" and "la Dolorosa", made between 1752 and 1777, "la Santa Cena del Señor" (1763), "la Oración en el Huerto" (1752), "el Prendimiento" (1765) and "Cristo amarrado a la columna" or "Los Azotes", which was made between 1776 and 1777 and the last throne of this maker of religious images.
The carving which names the Brotherhood, "Nuestro Padre Jesús" (Our Father Jesus), an anonymous carving of the 16th and 17th centuries and the one which gives its own name to a brotherhood, is the only one that wasn't made by Salzillo. 556 figures, which form the famous "Belén" (Nativity scene) also highlight. These figures were ordered to Salzillo by the marquis of Riquelme, and also an interesting collection of original clay sketches.