The house of Guevara or the Columns, as it is also known, is the most significant building in the entire civil baroque of the city. Construction ordered by Don Juan de Guevara was completed in 1705.
The facade is of two bodies, the lower part has Solomonic columns, abundant decoration with vegetal motifs, fruits and satyrs. The second body shows the representation of the heraldry of the family and, at the top, the shield of the Order of Santiago.
The patio is formed by arches on marble columns decorated with plant motifs, children's heads and shields.
The building is publicly owned and is still in the process of being restored after the 2011 earthquakes.
Only the inner courtyard can be visited.
Only the arcaded courtyard is visited because it is still in the process of being restored.
End of 17th century.
Cultural activities, exhibitions, guided visits
Closed temporarily by assembly of the municipal Bethlehem.
It will reopen the day of the opening of the Bethlehem, Sunday December 16.
Every day 11.00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Open only mornings: December 24 and 31.
Open evening only: Jan 1
Free visit to the patio