The washing place of Abanilla is one of the few operating in the region. It was made while the fountain in Calle Mayor was moved in 1880. It has undergone several transformations throughout its history. The most important one was made in 1929.
Its waters have a subterranean origin and they are the same as those emerging from the fountain of Calle Mayor. It is decorated with traditional tiling in which the ochres and blues stand out, representing the scenes of everyday life of the women who used it.
The waters flow into a pond in the basement of the municipal auditorium (behind the washing place) and with the water, the suburbs of the town are irrigated.