Tools
Up
Compartir esta página
Compartir por email Compartir en facebook Compartir en twitter Compartir en pinterest
SHARE
Reportar errores
Print
Camino de la Cruz - Web Oficial

#intheregionofmurcia

you'll have the chance to see the oldest Aleppo pine in the world

Cargando página

Close

Close

Close

Cerrar foto

MONUMENTS

Surrender yourself to the Holy City and discover its sacred heritage.
HOME > PRACTICAL INFO > MONUMENTS

YOUR SEARCH

SEARCH

SEARCH

  • PLACES
121 results
MULA
CASA PINTADA - FUNDACIÓN CRISTÓBAL GABARRÓN

La singularidad y belleza de la Casa Palaciega llama mucho la atención a cualquier visitante. Su arquitectura es muy común en el Levante Español. Cada uno de sus balcones está coronado por cada uno de los escudos familiares.
La construyó en 1770 Diego María de Blaya Molina Piñero Valcárcel. Llama especialmente la escalera de la vivienda, enriquecida con pinturas y ornamentos de piedra, estaba presidida por un enorme blasón plateado y policromado con los cuarteles de los cuatro apellidos del propietario.
La familia Blaya perdió influencia con los años, y la Casa Pintada fue utilizada para otros usos: colegio de monjas, academia, despacho de butano y cacharrería. Abandonado a su suerte, el edificio fue dividido en dos partes iguales y cada una de ellas se adjudicó a un propietario diferente. La Administración adquirió en 1986 ambos inmuebles, procediendo a la restauración de Casa Pintada con el propósito de contribuir a la revitalización del recinto histórico de Mula.
En la actualidad, este emblemático edificio es la sede del Museo y Centro de Interpretación del artista Cristóbal Gabarrón y expone más de 150 piezas del artista entre esculturas, pinturas y obra gráfica.

Casa Pintada - Fundación Cristóbal Gabarrón
CASTILLO DE ALCALÁ O DE LA PUEBLA DE MULA

CASTILLO DE ALCALÁ O DE LA PUEBLA DE MULA

LA PUEBLA DE MULA (MULA)

La Puebla de Mula

30193 LA PUEBLA DE MULA (MULA)

Telephone: +34 968 66 15 01

If there is a fortress in Mula  that  leave you speechless is Alcalá castle. It is 120 metres above the village and you can see all the town from there.

To get there , you have to take a path you find in the road from Mula to Murcia   ( kilometre 22) where Librilla road starts.

It is a islamic fortress and one of the oldest in the Region. It was founded in the VIII century when Muslim troops stablished there to control the old Mula settlement. Mula was one of the seven Tudmir towns.

CASTILLO DE LOS FAJARDO O DE LOS VÉLEZ

Standing on the top of a hill, the castle dominates the town. This military construction was built by the first Marquis of " Los Vélez"  not for defensive purpose but to show power and Vélez supremacy, one of the most important in the XVI century.

It is structured in four parts: the Homage Tower, a central nave with an attached tower and the Cistern Tower. A half barrelvault, as well as a room provided with a fireplace for the garrison, can be found inside the castle. The exterior facade of this Renaissance-style castle is sparsely decorated with eight coats of arms.

Castillo de los Fajardo o de los Vélez
CONVENTO DE SAN FRANCISCO

Doing their duty of helping others, the franciscans came to Mula in 1576. They stayed in San Pedro hospital while they found a place to build their convent. The council donated them  an area to build it but, some years later the works did not start and they got the permission to stay in the hospital so they built their convent here.

In 1836 with Mendizábal Disentailment, the friars were expelled and the convent was sold. The building was used as private houses, theatre and also a prison.

 

Convento de San Francisco
ERMITA DE NUESTRA SRA. DEL CARMEN

This Hermitage was built, according to the tradition, on an ancient 1244 Arab mosque. Some centuries later, it was enshrined as the Hermitage of Nuestra Señora del Carmen, the actual patront saint of Mula.

The hermitage is Baroque in style though it retains some aspects of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

In the eighteenth century, some works to adapt it to the baroque style were done. It is worth the tiles which beautify the dome.

 

Ermita de Nuestra Sra. del Carmen
ERMITA DEL NIÑO DE BALATE

According to the legend,  Christ child appeared in front of a shepherd in 1648. The shepherd was Pedro Botía and for this reason , he decided to be a franciscan.

Some years later , Christ child appeared again while he was in the Holy Places and told him to come back Spain. In his return journey, he met  the " Conde de Lemos" who introduced him in Madrid Court. There he met Carlos II brother and was his counselor, in this way he managed the building of the Monastry of la Encarnación where the Christ child started to be adored. 

 

Ermita del Niño de Balate
HOSPITAL DE LA PURÍSIMA CONCEPCIÓN

It is located south of Avenue Juan Antonio Perea.  The only remain of this hospital is the front cover from the XVIII century, where there is a decorative relief with the Virgin and some verses having to do with the help provided to patients in this building.

Hospital de la Purísima Concepción
IGLESIA DE SAN MIGUEL ARCÁNGEL

IGLESIA DE SAN MIGUEL ARCÁNGEL

MULA

Pza. del Ayuntamiento

30170 MULA

Telephone: +34 968 660 464

San Miguel Arcangel´s church became too small in the sixteenth century. 

The increase of population was considerable so the council had to expand it. They had to choose a new location. The construction began in the XVI century and the works lasted two centuries. It is located in the Town Hall square.

Its construction suffered some ups and downs such as shortage, depression and epidemics which devastated the villa during the seventeenth century. All this made the works were slower or even stopped.

In the early XVIII century , the means to finish the church were managed. There are two different constructive periods for example the striking side entrance contrasts with the main facade which is very simple and unfinished. Some gargoyles put out the eaves in the oldest part of the church.

Among the church goods, it can be emphasized its painting collection characterized by  a great theme variety, an extensive cronology and the quality of the paintings. All of them donated by Canal-Blaya family.

 


 

Iglesia de San Miguel Arcángel
IGLESIA DE SANTO DOMINGO DE GUZMÁN

IGLESIA DE SANTO DOMINGO DE GUZMÁN

MULA

Pza. de Santo Domingo

30170 MULA

Telephone: +34 687 732 659

At first sight, this is another church among many there are in Mula, but the truth is that it is the oldest in the area. 

It was built over  an ancient Arab mosque by order of Alfonso X and under the Dominican devotion.

The facade has the shape of a triumphal arch with three niches that protect the images of Santo Domingo, San Pedro y San Francisco de Asís, as well as some chapels pillars or the entrance ribs. It is important to mention  " La Capilla del Rosario". the lateral chapels show the different changes made to adapt them to Baroque style.

Iglesia de Santo Domingo de Guzmán
LA SANTA ESPINA

LA SANTA ESPINA

MULA

Real Monasterio de la Encarnación

30170 MULA

Telephone: +34 968 660 826

Did you know one of the thorns of Jesus Christ crown is in Mula? That´s right. Apparently, the relic was among the valuable objects Elena of Costantinopla brought. The crown belonged Balduino the second who offered to Luis IX. For many years the thorns were left from Kings to nobles. In Spain there are two of them , one in Barcelona cathedral and the other in the Royal Monastry of la Encarnación in  Mula.

Fray Pedro de Jesús, Christ child seer.

Pedro Botía was born in Mula in 1633 . Almost all his family members died due to the bubonic plague in 1648, then he went to live with some relatives in El Niño de Mula village. That year, while he was working as a shepherd, Christ child appeared and invited to follow him. He did it professing as a franciscan lay brother.

He lived in different Cartagena diocese monasteries and travelled to Holy Places. Christ child appeared again in Asís and told him to come back Spain. In his return journey Fray Pedro met the Count of Lemos who introduced him in the court. There he met Juan José de Austria, Carlos II brother. they became friends and Pedro de Jesús was one of Juan Jose confidants for fourteen years.

 

 

 

 

La Santa Espina
REAL MONASTERIO DE LA ENCARNACIÓN

Santa Clara´s daughters were the first lived in the Royal Monastry of the Encarnación. It was the only conventual foundation in Murcia in the XVII century. Juan José de Austria patronage made the convent was considered Royal Heritage, so its construction was made in a short period, it has a monumental character and the church finished in the XVII century.

Monjas street was formerly the "Camino Real" and divided the convent into two parts, one which included  the cloister , the rooms, refectory, sacristy and infirmary and the other  washing place, orchard and bathrooms.

In the XVIII century , the hostelry and  the " Casa de los Donados" were built. 

Real Monasterio de la Encarnación
TORRE DEL RELOJ

TORRE DEL RELOJ

MULA

Pza. del Ayuntamiento

30170 MULA

Telephone: +34 968 66 15 01

Do you know the use of the Clock Tower in former times?

To mark the allotted times for the use of irrigation water. 

It was built in 1806 and you  will find it in the Town Hall Square .

 

Torre del Reloj
VILLA ROMANA DE LOS VILLARICOS

VILLA ROMANA DE LOS VILLARICOS

MULA

Paraje Arreaque, carretera del Embalse de la Cierva

30170 MULA

Telephone: +34 968 661 501

The Roman conquest of the Iberian Peninsula brought a new settlement pattern in rural areas known as villas. "Villaricos" is a single-family unit for agricultural exploitation. The villa is divided into the place of residence with a thermal area and the working area with a wine press and an olive mill.Once the villa was abandoned, it was used for religious purposes with a Basilica and a graveyard built by the first Christians.

 

Villa Romana de Los Villaricos
YACIMIENTO EL CIGARRALEJO

The Cigarralejo iberian complex is an archaeological site located 3 kilometres from Mula.

It is a 3000 square metres area. There, the visitor can see an iberian settlement, its necropolis and the sanctuary.

The existence of natural fords near this urban settlement explains the physical location of this iberian site which took part in a communication route taking advantage of the needs on the ground.

Today a part of a Roman road is preserved .

 

Yacimiento El Cigarralejo
MURCIA
AYUNTAMIENTO DE MURCIA

AYUNTAMIENTO DE MURCIA

MURCIA

Glorieta de España, 1

30004 MURCIA

Telephone: +34 968 35 86 00

Town Hall.

Ayuntamiento de Murcia
CASA DÍAZ-CASSOU

CASA DÍAZ-CASSOU

MURCIA

C/ Santa Teresa, 21

30005 MURCIA

Telephone: +34 968 22 77 61

Definitely, the Díaz Cassou's House is the most important and characteristic building of Modernist style in the city of Murcia. It was commissioned by a man of arts, the writer Pedro Díaz Cassou to the architect José Antonio Rodriguez, who began work in 1900.

The interior is decorated with delicate wall paintings of Pedro García del Bosque.The facade is a wide range of soft, rounded forms inspired by nature as usual in this style. In the secons floor it stands out the semicircular projection viewpoint.

Today is designed to host cultural and artistic foundations of several institutions in the Region of Murcia.

Casa Díaz-Cassou
CATEDRAL DE MURCIA Y MUSEO DE LA CATEDRAL

The most important temple in the Region is a magnificent merge of styles, a catalogue of stone which summarizes more than six centuries of art and history.

Its construccion began in 1394 over the remains of an old Arabic mosque and in 1462 its vaults were finished. The oldest entrance is La Puerta de los Apóstoles (the door of the Apostles). Its only storefront is flanked by pointed archivolts with statues of the apostles on it. La Puerta de las Cadenas( the door of the Chains) dates from 1513 and has original pilasters and archivolts.

From the 15th century dates the Capilla de Los Vélez covered by a ten-pointed star vault and profusely decorated. Another famous chapel is that of Junterón, whose oval ground plan is covered by an extremely original vault.

Its baroque main façade (Imafronte), Jaime Bort¿s work, is an exaltation of levantino art (the 18th century eastern Spain art). It is divided as an altarpiece into two parts and three vertical sections.

The tower, divided into five parts, is 92 meters high. Its construction started in 1511 and the fifth body hosts twenty-five church bells

Catedral de Murcia y Museo de la Catedral
CONJUNTO MONUMENTAL SAN JUAN DE DIOS

There are three essential thematic areas in the San Juan de Dios Monumental Complex: the church, the area dedicated to the sculptor González Moreno in the choir and the archaeological remains of the Alcázar Mayor de Murcia in the subsoil.

CONVENTO, IGLESIA Y HUERTO MONACAL DE LAS MONJAS AGUSTINAS DEL CORPUS CHRISTI
Con éste ya son tres los conventos que la congregación de las Agustinas tiene en Murcia. Fue Sor Mariana de San Simeón quien la fundó.
La iglesia de este convento es del siglo XVIII, la trazó el Maestro Bolarín el Viejo y alberga una impresionante imagen de San Agustín que se dice que fue obra de Salzillo.
CRISTO DE MONTEAGUDO

CRISTO DE MONTEAGUDO

MONTEAGUDO (MURCIA)

Castillo de Monteagudo s/n

30160 MONTEAGUDO (MURCIA)

Quien quiera que se acerque a Murcia seguro que podrá apreciar a lo lejos cómo sobre una colina se vislumbra el famoso Cristo de Monteagudo. La primera figura del Cristo data de 1926 pero tras la guerra civil en que quedó devastada se volvió a rehacer en 1951. El monte de la Vega del Segura es un lugar estratégico para ubicar la imagen del Cristo. Es más, primitivamente albergó una necrópolis de la que se conservan los restos, así como una calzada por donde transitaron los romanos. Sin embargo fueron los árabes los que construyeron la actual e imponente fortaleza que se encuentra bajo los pies del Cristo.
Cristo de Monteagudo
121 results
Facebook Twitter Instagram Minube Tripadvisor Youtube
Region of Murcia
Premio Sicted Mejor Administración
Costa Cálida
© Instituto de Turismo de la Región de Murcia
Facebook
Tripadvisor
Twitter
Youtube
Minube
Instagram
Region of Murcia Costa Cálida