At the feet of Los Vélez Castle hill, and within the population nucleus that would extend around it, the San Antonio de Padua church is located very near the San Andrés Church (16th century).
The Church of San Antonio, completed in the second half of the 16th century, was ordered to be built by the Marquis of Los Vélez to provide space for the religious rites of the workers who lived in the villa and depended on him.
The temple is a very simple construction, subjected to different reforms and changes in time, especially during the 19th and 20th centuries, when the cupola of the transept was repaired and a new bell tower and vestry were built.
During the Civil War (1936-1939) the Baroque altarpiece and some smaller altars were destroyed, later to be substituted by pieces created to reproduce the original ones.
Inside, the cupola of the transept is distinguished for its pendentives with paintings of saints.
On the main facade, a niche of San Antonio de Padua is distinguished in addition to Los Vélez coat of arms.
The temple is currently closed to the public.