The masonry church is located at the western part of the town.
Its façade lacks artistic interest, except for the tower that was built in 1788. The southwestern tower, located at the foot of the church, has three plastered parts. It is crowned by an iron weathervane with the Virgin of Solitude (symbol) and a glorious cross on top of it.
The interior is divided into three naves separated by cruciform pillars that support semicircular arches. The hexagonal chapel is covered by a groin vault with a rosette in the middle.
The high choir is located at the foot of the building. It is supported by a central column made of red jasper which probably comes from Begastri.
It houses important altarpieces such as the altarpiece of San Nicolas de Bari, La Soledad, Santo Entierro, San Juan Evangelista and the altarpiece of San Francisco Javier.
It is currently the headquarters of the Cofradía de los Negros.