Doing their duty of helping others, the franciscans came to Mula in 1576. They stayed in San Pedro hospital while they found a place to build their convent. The council donated them an area to build it but, some years later the works did not start and they got the permission to stay in the hospital so they built their convent here.
In 1836 with Mendizábal Disentailment, the friars were expelled and the convent was sold. The building was used as private houses, theatre and also a prison.
It hosts The City of Mula Museum and the tourism office.
It has been recently restored .
In a future , it will host the municipal library and archive and another exhibition hall.
Mondays to sundays from 10:00 to 14:00 h.
Closed on tuesdays.