Castillo. Restos

Pza. del Castillo, 1
30430 CEHEGÍN
Telephone: +34 968 72 35 50
e-mail: oficinaturismo@cehegin.es
www.turismocehegin.es

See map

Information

Although it originally had five towers, none of them remain, as they were demolished in 1956. The only thing left standing was the Caravaca gate, located in the upper part of Cehegín. This part of the regional heritage is preserved at a height of 10.40 metres. The walls form a right angle on which the houses rest. The road to Caravaca passes right through here thanks to an access gate that was opened a few years ago to prevent walkers from going around the entire enclosure.

REMARKS

The castle was the place from which the Order of Santiago administered the area. At first, for purely military interests. Later, the castle became a collection centre. The fortress was practically autonomous. The books mention cellars, oven, cistern, mill, chapel, stables and kitchen.

NEAREST HEALTH CENTRE: 750 m away.

¿Cómo llegar?

En Cehegín

Subscribe to our newsletter